CORTOPIN 1% OTC HYDROCORTISONE CREAM
- In stock, ready to ship
- Inventory on the way
Please accept our terms and conditions above to enable Add To Cart button.
- mild to moderate eczema
- dermatitis caused by irritants or allergens
- insect bite reactions
Hydrocortisone should not be confused with anabolic steroids, used by some body builders and taken as tablets or injections.
Directions for use:
For adults and children aged 12 years and over:
For application to the surface of the skin only:
- Wash your hands thoroughly before use.
- Apply the cream sparingly to the affected area, once or twice a day for a maximum of 7 days. Massage the cream gently into the affected area to help absorption into the skin.
- Once applied, do not cover the area with a dressing or plaster. If the condition has not improved after 7 days, or worsens, consult your doctor.
Do not use Cortopin 1% w/w Cream:
- if you are allergic to hydrocortisone or to any of the other ingredients of Cortopin 1% w/w Cream (see below).
- if you have a bacterial infection (e.g. impetigo), viral infection (e.g. cold sores ‘herpes simplex’, chicken pox) or fungal infection (e.g. tinea, also called ‘athlete’s foot’, ringworm or thrush) of the skin.
- on your face or near your eyes, on the anal or genital region, or on broken skin.
Cortopin 1% w/w Cream is not suitable for use in the following:
- allergic skin reactions including temporary red or raised areas on your skin (short lived ‘wheal and flare’ reactions)
- conditions involving the deeper skin layers, such as granulomas
- psoriasis (long term scaly skin condition); only use this product on medical advice and with careful supervision by your doctor.
Do not cover the area with a plaster or dressing of any kind after application of Cortopin 1% w/w Cream.
The active substance is hydrocortisone and the cream contains 10 mg in every 1g (1%).
The other ingredients are Cetostearyl alcohol, chlorocresol, liquid paraffin, Macrogol cetostearyl ether, white soft paraffin and purified water (see end of Section 2 for further information).
Take great care to apply the cream sparingly to the skin of children.
Covering the treated area can increase absorption.
Keep all medicines out the sight and reach of children.
Always consult the Patient Information Leaflet before using this medicine
Free Click & Collect
We offer a FREE click and collect service through our retail store:
Unit 2, Block 2,
Telephone: +353 1 908 9308